The Wells College women's tennis team picked up its first win of the season with an 8-1 victory over Bryn Athyn College on Saturday, April 8 at the Wells Tennis Courts in Aurora, N.Y.
The Express swept the three doubles matches to get off to a great start. Kara Reynolds and Nicole Sanborn were 8-0 winners at first doubles and Aala Al-Hashimi and Nao Shimada won by the same score at third doubles. The second doubles pairing of Momoko Nakahama and Yui Omachida were 8-1 winners.
Wells won five of six singles matches, all in straight sets. The only defeat came via injury retirement at first singles.
Al-Hashimi and Sanborn were 6-0, 6-0 winners in singles play.
Wells is 1-5 on the season with a 1-3 record in NEAC play. Bryn Athyn is 1-3 overall and 1-3 in the NEAC. Wells is back in action at home Sunday, April 9 at noon against Penn State Abington.
Wells 8, Bryn Athyn 1
Apr 08, 2017 at Aurora, N.Y.
(Wells Tennis Courts)
1. Morgan Phillips (BACW) def. Kara Reynolds (WELW) 2-1, retired
2. Nicole Sanborn (WELW) def. Catherine Kirk (BACW) 6-0, 6-0
3. Momoko Nakahama (WELW) def. Natalie Manogue (BACW) 6-2, 6-1
4. Yui Omachida (WELW) def. Brittany Vick (BACW) 6-3, 6-1
5. Aala Al-Hashimi (WELW) def. Nora McWilliams (BACW) 6-0, 6-0
6. Nao Shimada (WELW) def. Alair Brock (BACW) 6-2, 6-2